The premier arena of New Zealand fly fishing, Otago is world renowned for good reason. This spectacular region is where the hot spots such as Queenstown and Wanaka can be found. You will find gin clear waters amidst breathtaking mountain vistas. Fish are fewer but are of good quality.
Best time to go
The season runs from October to April. Early season provides superb fishing where fish have not seen an angler for some time. Superb dry fly fishing can be found January to March.
Available Trips To Book
Explore a day’s fly fishing in the magnificent Otago region with a top professional guide. Ex- Queenstown or Wanaka. Operated by Fly Adventures.
What is included
- Transport to/from and your accommodation
- All fly fishing gear (including waders)
- Lunch and refreshments
What to expect
- High difficulty fly fishing
- Practicing your cast before arriving is recommended
- Gin clear waters
- Both rainbow and brown trout